Is Safety a Concern for Your Meetings?
Safety is an important factor to consider when planning a meeting or event. Respondents from a study by DCI - Development Counsellors International, reported that safety and security concerns keep meeting planners up at night, "they are most concerned about safety and security issues in destinations and suppliers’ responsiveness – or lack thereof –
during the planning process."
The green mountain state is consistently listed as one of the safest states in the nation, in fact, Vermont is listed as number two (US News & Report). This is good news for meeting and event planners. We've put together a list of other notable awards for you to consider when doing your destination research.
- Vermont comes in at number nine in a list of Best States in the Country by U.S. News & World Report. The metrics used to determine this list took a look at quality of life, public safety and infrastructure among other things
- Vermont is listed as one of the happiest states in the U.S. Gallop Poll and listed on Wallethub
- The green mountain state is named one of the Healthiest States in the country at number four by CNN
- Vermont consistently ranks high with a number of Vermont Beers in the top 50 Beers of the World by the Daily Meal
- Best Brewery in the world at Number one (for six years running) is Hill Farmstead Brewery by Rate Beer
- A top ten destination for cheese lovers by Travel Away (the only U.S. destination included)
Contact the Vermont Convention Bureau and we'll help you to find a safe location in one of the top states for safety in the country.