Getting To (and Around) Vermont is Easier Than You Think!
Every drive is a scenic drive in Vermont.
Vermont is known for its natural beauty, rural communities, and modern, down-to--earth residents. But it is also home to bustling small cities, university towns, and large resorts -- the perfect places for your event, large or small.
Get where you're going, fast.
Twenty miles? Just 25 minutes. Burlington to Rutland? Seventy miles in an hour and a half. Sound like your morning commute? Vermonters are used to quick drive times and nary a traffic jam -- though you may still have to stop for the occasional cow crossing or migrating wildlife.
Vermont is an easy scenic drive away from major metropolitan areas on the East Coast, including New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut and Montreal, Canada. Vermont’s many resorts are a convenient drive through the beautiful and bucolic Green Mountains. Interstates 89, 91, and Vermont Route 100 (the “skiers' highway”) lead to small towns, country villages, and outdoor activities and attractions up and down the state.
Burlington International Airport is a convenient point of access to northern and central Vermont, servicing major air carriers including JetBlue, United, American Airlines, and Delta. Flights from New York to Burlington, Vermont's largest city and home to its international airport, are just an hour from New York City. Visitors to the central and southern Vermont regions can also fly to Albany, Boston, Hartford, Manchester, NH and Rutland, VT and make the short drive to their destination. Gateway cities for international visitors including Boston, New York, Montreal, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. are all a short connecting flight to Vermont. Rental cars are available at all airports and many resorts offer ground transportation.
Airports in Vermont and within driving distance:
- Burlington International Airport, Burlington, VT (BTV)
- Rutland-Southern Vermont Regional Airport, Rutland, VT (RUT)
- Albany International Airport, Albany, NY (ALB)
- Lebanon Airport, Lebanon, NH (LEB)
- Bradley International Airport, Hartford, CT (BDL)
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, Manchester, NH (MHT)
- Boston Logan International Airport, Boston, MA (BOS)
- Additional information about Logan International Airport
- Montreal-Trudeau Airport, Montreal, Canada (YUL)
List of direct flights for Burlington Airport:
- Atlanta (ATL) via Delta
- Charlotte (CLT) via AmericanAirlines
- Chicago (ORD) via United
- Denver (DEN) via Frontier (beginning 5/1/19)
- Detroit (DTW) via Delta
- Newark (EWR) via United
- New York (JFK) via JetBlue
- New York (LGA) via Delta
- Orlando (MCO) via Frontier
- Philadelphia (PHL) via American Airlines
- Toronto City (YTZ)* via Porter
- Washington DC (IAD) via United
- Washington DC (DCA) via American Airlines
Two Amtrak routes operate between Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, New York City and Vermont, providing daily passenger service to many of Vermont's mountain communities. For information, log onto Amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.
Vermont Transit, part of the Greyhound system, connects Vermont communities with Boston, Montreal and New York daily.